Urgent: Call and email your members of Congress
Vision: We envision a peaceful, just, and environmentally sustainable world.
Mission: Our mission is to mobilize and amplify the voices of Unitarian Universalists as we seek to change the world through acts of love and justice.
Get Involved & Take Action
Sign up as a volunteer You will help amply our UU social justice voice.
Sign up for our monthly eNews This is the best way to learn about other area social justice events and programs.
Join UUSJ Take part in advocacy and witness opportunities to bring critical social justice issues to the attention of policy-makers by joining UUSJ.
Members of the UUSJ Advocacy Corps delivered petitions to Sen. Schumer's staff on Tuesday, May 8 as part of UUSJ's monthly Advocacy Days.
Since mid-February, the UUSJ Advocacy Corps has delivered more than 1,000 letters on healthcare and environmental budget cutting concerns.
View photos form the deliveries on Flickr, and read more about the visits in each edition of our eNews.
- “Why I Went to the GA” By Hal Fuller, UU Congregation of Fairfax November 30, 2017
At the memorial service for Hal Fuller, long-time UUSJ leader, previous Board Co-chair, and member of the UU Congregation of Fairfax, his daughter read his powerful “Why I Went to the GA” essay, which reflects his upbringing in New Mexico. His words then deserve our careful attention now, as our nation continues to wrestle with social and racial justice issues.
This year the Unitarian Universalist Association General Assembly was held in Phoenix. The purpose of this “Justice GA” was to show support for UU congregations in Arizona and solidarity with undocumented immigrants in their struggle with the effect of repressive legislation.
- UUSJ Advocacy Corps Advocacy Day on January 9, 2018 9:30 am
- UUSJ Advocacy Corps Advocacy Day on February 13, 2018 9:30 am
- UUSJ Advocacy Corps Advocacy Day on March 13, 2018 9:30 am
- Save the Date: UUSJ Board Meeting on March 24, 2018 1:30 pm
- UUSJ Advocacy Corps Advocacy Day on April 10, 2018 9:30 am
- Save the Date: Celebrating 50th Anniversary of the Fair Housing Act with Baltimore Neighborhoods, Inc. on April 28, 2018
- UUSJ Advocacy Corps Advocacy Day on May 8, 2018 9:30 am
- Save the Date: UUSJ Board Meeting on June 2, 2018 1:30 pm
- UUSJ Advocacy Corps Advocacy Day on June 12, 2018 9:30 am
Event & Program Updates
- #GivingTuesday November 21, 2017
- 2017 UUSJ Social Justice Awards Celebration November 14, 2017
- CSAI: “The Corruption of Our Democracy” November 14, 2017
- DREAM Act – Action Needed NOW October 24, 2017
- Healthcare is Moving Again! 3 Actions To Take Now October 23, 2017
- In memorium: Hal Fuller September 28, 2017
- UUSJ Signs-on in Opposition to Graham–Cassidy, to help defend ACA and Medicaid September 23, 2017
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) STILL Under Threat from the Senate – Immediate Action Needed September 19, 2017
- UUSJ Joins Groups Supporting DREAMERS – September 3rd September 11, 2017
- UUSJ Continues Support of TPS September 11, 2017