Vision: We envision a peaceful, just, and environmentally sustainable world.
Mission: Our mission is to mobilize and amplify the voices of Unitarian Universalists as we seek to change the world through acts of love and justice.
Get Involved & Take Action
Sign up as a volunteer You will help amply our UU social justice voice.
Sign up for our monthly eNews This is the best way to learn about other area social justice events and programs.
Join UUSJ Take part in advocacy and witness opportunities to bring critical social justice issues to the attention of policy-makers by joining UUSJ.
Members of the UUSJ Advocacy Corps delivered petitions to Sen. Schumer's staff on Tuesday, May 8 as part of UUSJ's monthly Advocacy Days.
Since mid-February, the UUSJ Advocacy Corps has delivered more than 1,000 letters on healthcare and environmental budget cutting concerns.
View photos form the deliveries on Flickr, and read more about the visits in each edition of our eNews.
- “The Importance of Being ‘Prideful'” By Gerda and Allen Keiswetter, UU Church of Arlington, VA
Imagine thousands cheering because you love your child. We have been marching in the Capital Pride Parade since 2005 to celebrate our transgender son Asa. It is a spiritual high each year for us. The street crowd is amazing — LGBTQ people and straight people of all ages, singles and families, babies to grandparents of all races and ethnicities. The mood is always intensely positive, and the love is palpable. Shouts and even hugs from parade watchers are common.
The UU and PFLAG groups usually co-mingle as they march next to each other. For some lining ...
- A Symposium on Climate, Faith, and Advocacy on December 3, 2017 2:30 pm
- Save the Date: UUSJ Board Meeting on December 9, 2017 1:00 pm
- UUSJ Advocacy Corps Advocacy Day on December 12, 2017 9:30 am
- UUSJ Advocacy Corps Advocacy Day on January 9, 2018 9:30 am
- UUSJ Advocacy Corps Advocacy Day on February 13, 2018 9:30 am
- UUSJ Advocacy Corps Advocacy Day on March 13, 2018 9:30 am
- UUSJ Advocacy Corps Advocacy Day on April 10, 2018 9:30 am
- UUSJ Advocacy Corps Advocacy Day on May 8, 2018 9:30 am
- UUSJ Advocacy Corps Advocacy Day on June 12, 2018 9:30 am
Event & Program Updates
- 2017 UUSJ Social Justice Awards Celebration November 14, 2017
- CSAI: “The Corruption of Our Democracy” November 14, 2017
- DREAM Act – Action Needed NOW October 24, 2017
- Healthcare is Moving Again! 3 Actions To Take Now October 23, 2017
- In memorium: Hal Fuller September 28, 2017
- UUSJ Signs-on in Opposition to Graham–Cassidy, to help defend ACA and Medicaid September 23, 2017
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) STILL Under Threat from the Senate – Immediate Action Needed September 19, 2017
- UUSJ Joins Groups Supporting DREAMERS – September 3rd September 11, 2017
- UUSJ Continues Support of TPS September 11, 2017
- UUSJ Objects to the RAISE Act together with Interfaith Community September 11, 2017