Interested in making regular visits to members of Congress?
UUSJ and UUJEC are mobilizing UUs to combat the attack on healthcare accessibility! This is a critical economic
and health issue that would weaken our communities, especially those already marginalized by discrimination
in education, housing, and employment.
Vision: We envision a peaceful, just, and environmentally sustainable world.
Mission: Our mission is to mobilize and amplify the voices of Unitarian Universalists in the National Capital Region (NCR) as we seek to change the world through acts of love and justice.
Get Involved & Take Action
Sign up as a volunteer You will help amply our UU social justice voice.
Sign up for our monthly eNews This is the best way to learn about other area social justice events and programs.
Join UUSJ Take part in advocacy and witness opportunities to bring critical social justice issues to the attention of policy-makers by joining UUSJ.
- “Taking Note” by the Rev. Dr. Kate R. Walker, Mt. Vernon Unitarian Church
This is adapted from my February newsletter column looking at how to be in covenantal relationship in a time of strong emotions around the new President of the U.S.
It is easy to assume Unitarian Universalists did not vote for Donald Trump. After all, UU progressive values: immigration issues, equality for GLBTQAI, women’s rights, diversity of race, ethnicity and religion, accessible and affordable health insurance, and support for people of different physically abilities (to name some), do not align well with many things that Trump has said and policies he proposes. But the assumption is wrong.
While no one has come to ...
- Better Together: Central East Region Leadership Day and UU Association Presidential Candidates’ Forum on April 1, 2017 9:00 am
- Voices from the Holy Land 2017 Film Series: “The Living of Pigeons” and “East Jerusalem: Six Voices” on April 2, 2017 2:30 pm
- “Reversing Inequality—Healthcare Justice is a UU Value” Conference on April 3, 2017 9:00 am
- Save the Date: UUSJ Board Retreat on April 8, 2017 1:00 pm
- Film Screening: “Blood on the Mountain” on April 8, 2017 7:00 pm
- UUSJ Advocacy Corps Advocacy Day on April 11, 2017 9:30 am
- Save the Date: March for Science on April 22, 2017 10:00 am
- Elders Climate Action Day 2017 on April 27, 2017 9:00 am
- Save the Date: People’s Climate March on April 29, 2017 11:00 am
- Save the Date: UUSJ Board Meeting on May 6, 2017
Event & Program Updates
- UUSJ Immigration Advocacy & Request for UU Interactions with ICE March 2, 2017
- UUSJ Presence Liked at Cedar Lane Seminary for a Day March 2, 2017
- UUSJ’s New Advocacy Corps Visits Capitol Hill March 2, 2017
- In Solidarity, We Marched on Washington; Now We Must Fight for UU Values! February 2, 2017
- Update in Response to Matthew: Community Empowerment Network (CEN)-Haiti January 5, 2017
- 2017: Our Time to “Move Ahead” on Environment and Climate Justice January 5, 2017
- UU Congregation of Rockville Hosts CASA & Montgomery County UUs for Immigration Advocacy Dialogue January 3, 2017
- Are you interested in joining UUSJ’s new Capitol Hill Advocacy Corps? January 3, 2017