Interested in making regular visits to members of Congress?
Vision: We envision a peaceful, just, and environmentally sustainable world.
Mission: Our mission is to mobilize and amplify the voices of Unitarian Universalists in the National Capital Region (NCR) as we seek to change the world through acts of love and justice.
Get Involved & Take Action
Sign up as a volunteer You will help amply our UU social justice voice.
Sign up for our monthly eNews This is the best way to learn about other area social justice events and programs.
Join UUSJ Take part in advocacy and witness opportunities to bring critical social justice issues to the attention of policy-makers by joining UUSJ.
Members of the UUSJ Advocacy Corps delivered petitions to Sen. Schumer's staff on Tuesday, May 8 as part of UUSJ's monthly Advocacy Days.
Since mid-February, the UUSJ Advocacy Corps has delivered more than 1,000 letters on healthcare and environmental budget cutting concerns.
View photos form the deliveries on Flickr, and read more about the visits in each edition of our eNews.
- “Taking Note” by the Rev. Dr. Kate R. Walker, Mt. Vernon Unitarian Church
This is adapted from my February newsletter column looking at how to be in covenantal relationship in a time of strong emotions around the new President of the U.S.
It is easy to assume Unitarian Universalists did not vote for Donald Trump. After all, UU progressive values: immigration issues, equality for GLBTQAI, women’s rights, diversity of race, ethnicity and religion, accessible and affordable health insurance, and support for people of different physically abilities (to name some), do not align well with many things that Trump has said and policies he proposes. But the assumption is wrong.
While no one has come to ...
- Save the Date: UUSJ Board Meeting on June 3, 2017 1:30 pm
- Save the Date: National Pride March on June 10, 2017 10:00 am
- Save the Date: UUSJ Green Activists Meeting on June 17, 2017 9:30 am
- The Beacon House 25th Anniversary Celebration of Hope and Legacy of Inspiration in Honor of Reverend Donald E. Robinson on June 17, 2017 4:00 pm
- “Resist and Rejoice” at General Assembly in New Orleans on June 21, 2017
- Save the Date: UUSJ Green Activists Meeting on September 23, 2017
Event & Program Updates
- UUSJ Signs Request to Extend Temporary Protected Status for Haiti May 2, 2017
- Discernment at Cedar Lane UU: Vote on Physical Sanctuary Congregation May 2, 2017
- UUSJ Signs Onto Arbitrary Detention of Asylum Seekers Letter May 2, 2017
- Protect the Chesapeake Bay – Join UUSJ’s Local Write Here! Write Now! Letter Writing Campaign May 2, 2017
- May Day Marches for Immigrant & Workers May 1, 2017
- Success at the “Reversing Inequality—Healthcare Justice is a UU Value” Conference May 1, 2017
- Beyond PCM: UUSJ pushes to build a Climate Justice Movement April 29, 2017
- UUA Presidential Candidates on Climate Justice April 27, 2017
- Family Advocates Joined UUSJ Advocacy Corps on the Hill April 11, 2017
- People’s Climate Movement – March for Climate, Jobs, and Justice March 30, 2017