UUs will gather on the north side of the US Dept. of Health & Human Services Hubert H. Humphrey Building (200 Independence Ave. SW). Details…
Interested in making regular visits to members of Congress? Join today or attend an information session to learn more.
The UUs for a Just Economic Community and UUSJ are co-sponsoring a “Reversing Inequality” conference.
Vision: We envision a peaceful, just, and environmentally sustainable world.
Mission: Our mission is to mobilize and amplify the voices of Unitarian Universalists in the National Capital Region (NCR) as we seek to change the world through acts of love and justice.
Get Involved & Take Action
Sign up as a volunteer You will help amply our UU social justice voice.
Sign up for our monthly eNews This is the best way to learn about other area social justice events and programs.
Join UUSJ Take part in advocacy and witness opportunities to bring critical social justice issues to the attention of policy-makers by joining UUSJ.
Chloe Schwabe on the New Economy
We have another video on Youtube! Watch the short video featuring Chloe Schwabe, a member of All Souls Church, Unitarian, who directs the faith-economy-ecology project at Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns, working at the intersection of economic and environmental justice. Chloe will present a webinar on the New Economy hosted by UUSJ.
- What Is The Matter With Inequality? by Adam Wasserman UU Congregation Fairfax
This is an edited version of a guest sermon delivered at the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Montgomery, Alabama, on March 1, 2015.
F. Scott Fitzgerald, the great novelist, is probably our country’s most acute observer of the rich. You may have heard one of his frequently quoted statements–“the very rich are different from you and me.” It’s from a short story called “The Rich Boy” that was published in 1926. Let me read the entire passage:
“Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me… They think, deep in their hearts, that they are better than ...
- Special Services: “Where We Are Now and What to Do Moving Forward” with President of NOW on January 22, 2017 9:00 am
- UUSC Solidarity and Sanctuary Webinar on January 22, 2017 3:30 pm
- UU Legislative Ministry-Maryland Annual Meeting Legislative Kickoff 2017 and Workshop on January 28, 2017 8:30 am
- UUSJ Advocacy Corps Q&A Video Conference on January 28, 2017 3:00 pm
- Webinar – Faithful Discernment: Is Your Congregation Called to Offer Sanctuary? on January 30, 2017 7:00 pm
- Sanctuary Congregation Training, PICO National Network on January 31, 2017 6:00 pm
- UUSJ Advocacy Corps Q&A Video Conference on January 31, 2017 7:00 pm
- CSAI Escalating Inequality Comment Deadline on February 1, 2017
- UUSJ Board Meeting on February 4, 2017 1:30 pm
- No Child Behind Bars: Living Resistance, From the US to Palestine on February 7, 2017 6:30 pm
Event & Program Updates
- Update in Response to Matthew: Community Empowerment Network (CEN)-Haiti January 5, 2017
- 2017: Our Time to “Move Ahead” on Environment and Climate Justice January 5, 2017
- UU Congregation of Rockville Hosts CASA & Montgomery County UUs for Immigration Advocacy Dialogue January 3, 2017
- Are you interested in joining UUSJ’s new Capitol Hill Advocacy Corps? January 3, 2017
- New eNews Schedule & Submissions Deadline December 20, 2016
- Small But Mighty: UUSJ Voter Mobilization Proves Itself December 15, 2016
- Sanctuary Movement in the Trump Era: New Strategy and Tactics in the Post-Election Reality December 15, 2016
- UUSJ Hosts “Escalating Inequality” Expert and Author Chuck Collins December 12, 2016