On Dec. 13 join UUSJ and Chuck Collins, a UU and expert on US economic inequality, at the Potter’s House for a book discussion and signing.
On Dec. 10, UUSJ will facilitate an Advocacy Training at Mount Vernon Unitarian Church. Participants will learn how to be an effective advocate and will have a chance to role-play an advocacy meeting.
Vision: We envision a peaceful, just, and environmentally sustainable world.
Mission: Our mission is to mobilize and amplify the voices of Unitarian Universalists in the National Capital Region (NCR) as we seek to change the world through acts of love and justice.
Get Involved & Take Action
Sign up as a volunteer You will help amply our UU social justice voice.
Join our monthly eNews This is the best way to learn about other area social justice events and programs.
Join UUSJ Take part in advocacy and witness opportunities to bring critical social justice issues to the attention of policy-makers by joining UUSJ.
How Have you Been Involved in Social Justice?
Another video in our series is up on Youtube! We are featuring Catherine Scott, a founder of Cedar Lane UU Church in Bethsda, MD, and a member there for more than 60 years. She has been involved in social justice activities since her early days. Now, well into her nineties, she is still involved in her church and UUSJ.
- What Is The Matter With Inequality? by Adam Wasserman UU Congregation Fairfax
This is an edited version of a guest sermon delivered at the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Montgomery, Alabama, on March 1, 2015.
F. Scott Fitzgerald, the great novelist, is probably our country’s most acute observer of the rich. You may have heard one of his frequently quoted statements–“the very rich are different from you and me.” It’s from a short story called “The Rich Boy” that was published in 1926. Let me read the entire passage:
“Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me… They think, deep in their hearts, that they are better than ...
- Escalating Inequality Task Group – Strategy Planning Meeting on December 12, 2016 5:30 pm
- Talk with Chuck Collins Author “Born on Third Base” on December 13, 2016 7:00 pm
- Escalating Inequality Task Group Meeting on December 15, 2016 7:00 pm
- DMV Solidarity: A New Age of Resistance on December 17, 2016 1:00 pm
- People of Color Gathering on January 7, 2017 11:00 am
- Escalating Inequality Task Group Meeting on January 8, 2017 2:00 pm
- Jubilee Workshop on January 13, 2017 6:30 pm
- Save the Date: Women’s March on Washington on January 21, 2017 10:00 am
- UUSJ Board Meeting on February 4, 2017 1:30 pm
- Reversing Inequality Conference on April 3, 2017 9:00 am
Current and Recent Events
- Do you give through the Combined Federal Campaign? December 8, 2016
- Sanctuary Movement in the Trump Era: New Strategy and Tactics in the Post-Election Reality December 1, 2016
- UUs Involved in #NoDAPL December 1, 2016
- UUSJ Capitol Hill Visit: Immigration Detention Bed Mandate November 16, 2016
- UUSJ Responds to the Election Outcome November 10, 2016
- Mobilizing Voters for the 2016 Elections August 27 Meeting Notes September 1, 2016
- UUs Gather to Shape Escalating Inequality Action Agenda August 30, 2016