Interested in making regular visits to members of Congress?
People of faith will join students, workers, parents, and people on the front lines of climate change for a major climate justice mobilization right here in DC.
Vision: We envision a peaceful, just, and environmentally sustainable world.
Mission: Our mission is to mobilize and amplify the voices of Unitarian Universalists in the National Capital Region (NCR) as we seek to change the world through acts of love and justice.
Get Involved & Take Action
Sign up as a volunteer You will help amply our UU social justice voice.
Sign up for our monthly eNews This is the best way to learn about other area social justice events and programs.
Join UUSJ Take part in advocacy and witness opportunities to bring critical social justice issues to the attention of policy-makers by joining UUSJ.
- “Taking Note” by the Rev. Dr. Kate R. Walker, Mt. Vernon Unitarian Church
This is adapted from my February newsletter column looking at how to be in covenantal relationship in a time of strong emotions around the new President of the U.S.
It is easy to assume Unitarian Universalists did not vote for Donald Trump. After all, UU progressive values: immigration issues, equality for GLBTQAI, women’s rights, diversity of race, ethnicity and religion, accessible and affordable health insurance, and support for people of different physically abilities (to name some), do not align well with many things that Trump has said and policies he proposes. But the assumption is wrong.
While no one has come to ...
- Elders Climate Action Day 2017 on April 27, 2017 9:00 am
- UU Gathering for People’s Climate Movement March on April 29, 2017 9:00 am
- People’s Climate Movement March for Climate, Jobs, and Justice on April 29, 2017 11:00 am
- After Party – People’s Climate Movement on April 29, 2017 4:30 pm
- Post-March Activities – People’s Climate Movement on April 30, 2017 9:30 am
- Save the Date: Immigrant Day on May 1, 2017
- Un Dia Sin Inmigrantes/Day Without Immigrants on May 1, 2017
- UUSJ Advocacy Corps Advocacy Day on May 9, 2017 9:30 am
- Save the Date: UUSJ Board Meeting on June 3, 2017
- Save the Date: UUSJ Green Activists Meeting on June 7, 2017
Event & Program Updates
- People’s Climate Movement – March for Climate, Jobs, and Justice March 30, 2017
- UUSJ Immigration Advocacy & Request for UU Interactions with ICE March 2, 2017
- UUSJ Presence Liked at Cedar Lane Seminary for a Day March 2, 2017
- UUSJ’s New Advocacy Corps Visits Capitol Hill March 2, 2017
- In Solidarity, We Marched on Washington; Now We Must Fight for UU Values! February 2, 2017
- Update in Response to Matthew: Community Empowerment Network (CEN)-Haiti January 5, 2017
- 2017: Our Time to “Move Ahead” on Environment and Climate Justice January 5, 2017
- UU Congregation of Rockville Hosts CASA & Montgomery County UUs for Immigration Advocacy Dialogue January 3, 2017