Interested in making regular visits to members of Congress?
Millions are still at risk of losing their healthcare as Senate leaders hold onto their desire to repeal and replace the ACA. Urge your senators to support bipartisan efforts to fix the ACA and increase access to quality, affordable healthcare.
Vision: We envision a peaceful, just, and environmentally sustainable world.
Mission: Our mission is to mobilize and amplify the voices of Unitarian Universalists in the National Capital Region (NCR) as we seek to change the world through acts of love and justice.
Get Involved & Take Action
Sign up as a volunteer You will help amply our UU social justice voice.
Sign up for our monthly eNews This is the best way to learn about other area social justice events and programs.
Join UUSJ Take part in advocacy and witness opportunities to bring critical social justice issues to the attention of policy-makers by joining UUSJ.
Members of the UUSJ Advocacy Corps delivered petitions to Sen. Schumer's staff on Tuesday, May 8 as part of UUSJ's monthly Advocacy Days.
Since mid-February, the UUSJ Advocacy Corps has delivered more than 1,000 letters on healthcare and environmental budget cutting concerns.
View photos form the deliveries on Flickr, and read more about the visits in each edition of our eNews.
- “The Importance of Being ‘Prideful'” By Gerda and Allen Keiswetter, UU Church of Arlington, VA
Imagine thousands cheering because you love your child. We have been marching in the Capital Pride Parade since 2005 to celebrate our transgender son Asa. It is a spiritual high each year for us. The street crowd is amazing — LGBTQ people and straight people of all ages, singles and families, babies to grandparents of all races and ethnicities. The mood is always intensely positive, and the love is palpable. Shouts and even hugs from parade watchers are common.
The UU and PFLAG groups usually co-mingle as they march next to each other. For some lining ...
- Conference Call: Budget Briefing (FCNL) on July 25, 2017 8:00 pm
- Webinar – ACA & the Senate’s Healthcare Negotiations: Long term issues for the American economy on August 2, 2017 8:00 pm
- Save the Date: UUSJ Board Meeting on September 9, 2017
- UUSJ Advocacy Corps Advocacy Day on September 12, 2017 9:30 am
- Film Screening – “GerryRIGGED: Turning Democracy on its Head” on September 13, 2017 7:00 pm
- Save the Date: UUSJ Green Activists Meeting on September 23, 2017
- UUSJ Advocacy Corps Advocacy Day on October 10, 2017 9:30 am
- UUSJ Social Justice Awards Gala 2017 on October 29, 2017 4:00 pm
- UUSJ Advocacy Corps Advocacy Day on November 14, 2017 9:30 am
- UUSJ Advocacy Corps Advocacy Day on December 12, 2017 9:30 am
Event & Program Updates
- Stay alert as Senators look for ways to act on healthcare! July 20, 2017
- UUSJ Immigration Task Group: Advocacy & Growth July 1, 2017
- Recap: UUSJ Green Activists – Environment and Climate Justice Task Force Meeting July 1, 2017
- Statement of Conscience on Escalating Economic Inequality July 1, 2017
- UUSJ Social Justice Awards Nominations Now Open July 1, 2017
- UUSJ Board Election Results for July 2017 – June 2018 June 3, 2017
- Cedar Lane UU Church: A Sanctuary Church June 1, 2017
- UUSJ’s Immigration Task Group takes positions on immigration-related bills June 1, 2017
- Intersectionalities of Climate Change and Human Vulnerability June 1, 2017
- UUSJ Advocacy Day – May 9, 2017 May 31, 2017